Tuesday, October 30, 2007

More From Our Halloween Weekend

My sister-in-law Amy(husband's brother's wife) won a bottle of wine(she had her choice of red or white) for having the closest guess for the number of candy corn in the container she is holding. (She is Cleopatra just like her daughter in one of the pictures of the previous post.) There are 305 in the container and she guessed 304. Danny won for the kids with a guess of 276. We had a large bowl of mini prizes for kids to take as they left and Danny was able to choose 5. He was cute--he chcse some and gave them to his friends. We like to at least have some activities for the kida at the party. The candy corn was a hit--it was one that everyone at least tried to guess. I had to post more of my little helpers. Yes, Jenise is trying to prevent JiaLi from sticking her fingers in while Mommy takes the first picture:) No it is not time to trick-or treat, JiaLi is cleaning. JiaLi received a late birthday present on Friday which included all the cleaning supplies possible. Our house is the cleanest it has ever been. The kids did trick-or-treat at our party. Usually, some of the families chip in goodies for the party and at some point the kids roam around our house trick-or treating. It's a question I am asked by the kids now when they walk in the door-"when will we be trick-or-treating?"(over and over again) I know she is not smiling but I liked this picture of JiaLi. Most of the kids had their costumes off by the end of the evening because they were so hot, but JiaLi had her costume on all evening. Although, I suppose she was barefoot:) One other activity the kids did was digging eyeballs and pupils out of the spaghetti. (covered in oil) I have to say, this year was great. I used grapes with the skin peeled off for the eyeballs and as I started peeling the grapes, I thought wait a second, I have children. Both Daniel and Jenise helped so that I could focus on other things. They were great--they thought it was fun. I was going to have the kids use their hands to try to see how many eyeballs they could dig out(there were 62) but Joe had the idea for the kids to use chopsticks. The older kids totally got into it. I timed them. JiaLi was right there watching and trying to show them what to do;) By the way, we always say the more the merrier. So if any of you are ever in the New England area around Halloween, let us know. We would love to have you at our party:)

4 comments:

LaLa said...

Love all of the pics..what great party ideas!! We would seriously love to come one year...they just stay over and trick or treat with you : )

Stacie said...

What a great party, you guys always do cool family things. :)

mommy24treasures said...

wow Amy's guess was SO close! I like that pic of JiaLi too. Sometimes my favs of Caitlyn are serious.

Deb said...

Sure does look like a fun Halloween party! Happy Halloween to you all!