Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Kidney Walk

Here are the kids in The Bean Team group. We had the Kidney Walk Sunday and the last few years it has been either rainy or overcast. This year the weather was PERFECT. We could not have had a nicer day! The whole team was started in honor of a good friend of my DH who has had a Kidney Transplant. He is our third child's godfather and we are so thankful. Now with our friend Molly having Kidney problems, we have even more reason to walk. (not that we didn't have reason but it's so different when it's someone you know.) This year the team had over 70 members to it. They have come such a long way. No, these are not swords but boys will be boys and when the girls saw what the boys were doing, of course, they had to follow course. Here is JiaLi with her cousin--my sister's family and Joe's brother's family also participate in the walk. Uncle Jeff providing JiaLi with a better view. Our friends always take individual family photos of all the families that participate and they get one large photo of everyone. Here is our partial family photo. Hanging with cousins. A large part of our motivation is our friend Molly. JiaLi wore this necklace that I placed together very last minute. So last minute that I had to use a black and white photo because my color cartridge for my photo printer was out. Just wanted to let you know we were thinking about you Molly. JiaLi did not tolerate wearing the necklace the whole day and I hung it on our stroller. I was amazed how many people came to take a closer look while it was on the stroller--lots of prayers were there:) Next year, hopefully I'll be more organized!

3 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

wonderful! Just like I said... you are all heroe's to me!!!!!!!
Love the quote you chose!!!!!!

Mother of 2 Angels said...

OK YOU GUYS ARE JUST THE NICEST AND MOST THOUGHFUL IN THE WORLD. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH - JIALI MOLLY SAYS SHE LOVES YOU XXXXXXX

Anonymous said...

The photo, the walk... what a wonderful family you have.