Sunday, September 02, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Here is a picture I posted one year ago as I got started in this blogging world. I am so happy I have. It has been a great way to stay in touch and also a great way to meet people. Two years ago today was the day that our referral arrived with JiaLi's picture. The picture at the top of this post is the one that was on the official document and is the one that just melted our hearts. I will never forget seeing her face. The day before(September 1,2005) was the day that we received the phone call. The kids were back at school and my husband was away on a business trip. It was later in the afternoon and I had just come in from getting everyone off the bus and home. I decided to check my phone for messages. I noticed a St. Louis phone number. We don't know anyone there except our agency. I think I lost my breath for a few seconds. There was no message and they always leave a message so my heart was beating faster and faster. About a half hour later, the phone rang. Oh my goodness. I looked at the number and it was them. I stood there letting it ring for a few because I was so nervous. I did answer and receive the news and I think like everyone of us out there who has received this call just lost it. (I cried.) I then tried to call my husband and tried to communicate that we received the call about JiaLi and that we would receive the picture the next day. I was speaking gibberish and he did not understand one word that I said. I had to hang-up and gain some composure and then I called him back. Wow--what memories. I also posted some pictures of JiaLi today. As you can see, she was running away from me and then she was very concerned about the ladybugs showing:)

4 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

I did not realize we had the same referra anniversary! I saw on LaLa's blog a minute ago. How neat that we share that.
Happy referral anniversary!

Lauren's Nana said...

It has been a wonderful, amazing journey for all of us involved in this blessing, I have truly enjoyed following your blog and watching your family grow, they are all so beautiful:)

LaLa said...

What a cutie!! I LOVE that dress and I so remember that little top knot she had in her referral pic and how Joe tried to do one in China LOL

Patty said...

So Cute! The picture JiaLe's holding reminds me of Liana's. Can't wait to see you guys!