Saturday, December 06, 2008

The Big 40

Here they are--my hubby and his twin. This October they turned the big 40 and my sister-in-law(his brother's wife) and I held a surprise party. The weekend we held it was a weekend that we usually hold our Halloween party. (We held our Halloween party a week later this year.) Soooo, my husband knew something was up. My Mom had had surgery so I told him that my Mom had thought she would be better but she still can't drive and would not be able to babysit so maybe we can go out as a family. Then a few days later, I told him that I had been talking to Amy and she wanted to try to have us go out together since it was such a big birthday;) So, he wasn't quite sure what was happening. That Saturday, Edward had a birthday party and I was stressing out while I was there because I was supposed to meet Amy at the restaurant to decorate right in the middle his party. Thankfully one of the Moms at the party offered to give Edward a ride home(people are so nice). Well, this would have been fine if when I said good bye to Edward I didn't tell him I was going to go decorate for Daddy's party. While I was there decorating, I returned home and Joe told me that JiaLi commented that "we were having a surprise"(now I said nothing to her--her ears are just too good) and then Edward said to him "yeah and Mommy is there right now decorating." Arghhhh....oh well, it was still good because he had no idea where we were going or who would be there. He enjoyed it:) We are so lucky that Uncle Pete with a lot of coercing agreed to sing some Irish folk music. Everyone there enjoyed it and it was so great for the kids to see Uncle Pete in action. (yes, he has a twin too) The remainder of the pictures are in no special order. I was mad at myself, a lot of the photos from the evening came out blurry. I know, I overpost JiaLi but had to include this one of her wrapped in her new blanket from her Auntie. I was hoping we could replace her green torn up one...not yet. AND we are so excited for Annslee having her new brother with her:) YAY!!! He is such a cutie and we are so excited for you!!!

6 comments:

LaLa said...

Fun Times..Happy Late Bday...just saying Hi from Vietnam...I miss my travel buddies : (

Kim, Jeff, Emily and Benjamin said...

Happy belated birthday, Joe! I get to celebrate this milestone in 13 more months. Hope you had a great one!

Stacie said...

Happy belated birthday Joe, looks like you all had a great time :)

mommy24treasures said...

I have enjoyed these last two posts. SO glad the classes are going well and things are progressing. I found a very similar option available to us in this area... fostering with possibility of adopting, if I can ever get hubby to say yes.

JiaLi is looking so grown up! You can't post too many pics of her:):)

I had no idea your hubby was a twin. How neat.
I turned 40 this yr as well.
I am SO SO SO excited for Laura and family too, isn't it so wonderful. I just love how Coby and Annslee both suck their fingers its is such a sign that they are meant to be bro and sis...
Sweet sweet.
Don't wait too long to post aagain!!!!!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

What a great time! I just love the last picture...she has the most precious smile with those cute little cheeks!

Mother of 2 Angels said...

I have not been on here for soooooo long and I am so behind on mine too. As always your blog looks lovely and such great photos. We miss you guys so much xxxx